Spinal Decompression and Spinal Traction Information.
Fontana Chiropractic and Acupuncture offers peak spinal decompression equipment and advanced treatment protocols. Our state of the art Triton Decompression Traction System (DTS) table offers exceptional Spinal decompression that provides safe, non-surgical alternative treatment that can relieve low back pain, neck pain, and radiating extremity discomfort. We offer effective Spinal decompression treatment for:
- Herniated or Bulging Discs
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
- Facet Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Many other disorders
How Spinal Decompression and Spinal Traction works?
Spinal decompression is a gentle, non-surgical traction procedure that effectively treats a multitude of spinal conditions. Spinal decompression relieves compressed pressure on spinal discs and vertebral joints by utilizing traction, distraction, and body positioning. Treatments will:
- Create a negative intradiscal pressure to promote retraction or re-positioning of the herniated or bulging disc material.
- Create a lower pressure in the disc that will promote circulation and increased absorption of nutrients and other substances to help the bodies healing processes. This process also helps the repair of tissues and inhibits leakage of the internal material of the spinal disc.
- Promote greater vertebral foramen space to reduce pinched nerve, radiation, and inflammation.
- Reduce pressure on the disc to slow or reverse degenerative disc changes.
- Gently lengthen hyper-tonic soft tissue or spasming muscles to balance misalignment and impingement.
Each patient and their conditions are unique. Treatment results and protocols will differ. Treatment may last 25 to 40 minutes. Patients will be fully clothed and laying in a face up position. The doctor fits you with a harness around your pelvis and another around your trunk. For the cervical traction, the patient will be face up, and fitted with a neck harness. Common treatments information:
- Initial evaluation for treatment
- Health history evaluation
- Physical and orthopedic examination
- Xray or MRI report and explanation
- 2-3 treatments a week for 3-4 weeks.
- Reevaluation with each treatment.
- Bi-weekly care for weeks 4-8.
Recent research has shown that 86% of the 219 patients who completed decompression therapy reported immediate resolution of symptoms, while 84% remained pain-free 90 days post-treatment. Physical examination findings showed improvement in 92% of the 219 patients, and remained intact in 89% of these patients 90 days after treatment (Gionis, Thomas MD; Groteke, Eric DC. Surgical Alternatives: Spinal Decompression. Orthopedic Technology Review. 2003; 6 (5).